Welcome to BASP
The British Association of Stroke Physicians (BASP) was set up in April 1999 to promote better care for people with stroke in the UK. The five objectives of BASP are:
1. Training: Improving and assuring the training of doctors in Stroke Medicine;
2. Research: Promoting and disseminating research in Stroke;
3. Clinical Standards: Leading on clinical standards for Stroke Services and for doctors practising in Stroke Medicine;
4. Policy: Developing and influencing local and national policy for Stroke Services;
5. Expertise: Providing expert advice to external bodies on all aspects of Stroke Medicine
Further information is available from the President.